Thursday, September 06, 2007

In the interest of learning something new--and because I'll need to know these things if my wish is ever granted and I get to live in London--I actually googled crumpet. Its definition, according to, is "a round soft unsweetened bread resembling a muffin, cooked on a griddle or the like, and often toasted."

Behold a photo from
They kind of look like English muffins, yet I'm sure they're more delicious. I got a very nice comment for my last post from a UK writer who inspired me to research crumpets. So here they are. Now head to your favorite bakery and ask for some. Unless you live in Alabama, like me. In which case, you'll just have to be content with the picture.

1 comment:

Alex Andronov said...

They have space for the butter to sit in. Gosh, now I sound like the crumpet man! Okay how do I change the subject. Okay, this doesn't work but is at least mildly interesting. In England crumpet is also a slang term for a young lady who is reasonably posh, but a "bit of a looker". So now you know.