Thursday, October 18, 2007

writer + HTML = not good

It's that time again: National Novel Writing Month 2007 begins Nov. 1. And although I know you're supposed to write all 50,000 words just from Nov. 1-30, I can't just give up on my novel right now when I'm so close to being finished. So I'm fudging a little bit and using NaNoWriMo to make myself finish my novel. But I'm not going to cheat on word count; I'll only post on NaNoWriMo however many words I've written since Nov. 1.

I've actually gotten JB involved and I think he will make an excellent author. Maybe we'll become famous and jet set around the world together on our simultaneous book tours.

Now about HTML. I got a NaNoWriMo icon from the website and posted it to this blog. But I can't figure out how to make it a link so that if you click on it, it takes you to the NaNo site. NaNo provided some kind of HTML code but I have no idea where to put it. The basic computer class I had to take in college was worthless. Instead of teaching us how to copy and paste in Word, they should have been giving us basic HTML lessons or how to build web pages. Sigh.

I'm sure that was sufficiently boring. I promise I'll post a novel update soon. The deplorable state of my novel right now should amuse even the driest computer nerd.

But do checkout NaNoWriMo if you've ever thought about writing a book. Churning out a 50,000-word novel in one month would make anyone feel accomplished. And they've got some really neat non-profit programs that could really use a donation.

No comments: