Friday, August 29, 2008

Politics are fun

I just got excited about John McCain's campaign again. He's picked pro-life Alaskan governor Sarah Palin, a 44-year-old mother of five, to be his VP.

If you ask me, that's about the smartest move he could have made. The media will be all over this and it'll breathe new life into his semi-boring campaign. I don't know much about Palin, other than she seems to be a very no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is kind of person. She's also a Washington outsider, which is fine, since McCain knows Washington forwards and back. Plus now, no matter which ticket wins, we'll be making history in November. Exciting.

I still don't know for sure who will get my vote. I'm a right-leaning moderate in general. But I do like Obama and his speech at the DNC last night was fantastic. If he could really do all the things he talked about...wow. That would be something to see. I'm a fan of many of his ideas, but his pro-choice stance is one big fat negative.

Anyway, bottom line is the next few months are going to be crazy exciting.

No comments: