Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Take that, fat



I thought it was only fair that I warn you in advance of how I will look by this time next year (see above picture). I lost over 2 lbs at WW weigh-in last night, which means...I've lost 25 lbs. since March! Yes, it's a slowish weight loss, but it is steady and it has been manageable. Plus it put me in a fabulous mood yesterday, which has carried over to today. Did it prevent me from skipping weight lifting at the gym this morning? No, it did not. Oh well. I'm not perfect. Plus it was still monsooning outside.

Yesterday in the car on the way home from WW, I couldn't stop smiling and kept saying things in my head like, "ha!" As in, "Ha! too bad for you, fat. I'm totally beating you" and "See that, fat? Two pounds lighter. Boo-yah." Weird, I know, but I thought it all the same. Like I've been doing battle with the fat monster and I'm winning. I'm kicking its flabby butt.

4 comments:

shannon said...

Congrats!!! :)

Michelle said...

Well done!

Casey said...

Awesomeness!

Rickelle said...

Congratulations! Where do you get the motivation to exercise in the morning?! I love the idea of it but just can't convince myself it's a good idea in the am!