Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Handmade goodies

New obsession: Etsy. I feel like those people who are just finding out what Facebook is.

Etsy, for the two or three of you who don't know, is an online marketplace for handmade goods. They've got art. They've got clothing. They've got antiques. They've got adorable monogrammed coozies for your Starbucks cup.

And after clicking around, I discovered I'm completely in love with illustrations. I think it's my favorite kind of visual art. Not the weird anime stuff (or the weird princess-and-dragon stuff) but the illustrations that remind you of classic children's book art, or illustrations with bright colors. Or woodland creatures. Some favorite Etsy finds:

These are simply beautiful:
Belle and Boo

These have squirrels!
Doodle and Hoob

These have gorgeous saturated colors:
Krisatomic

If I had $215 I would buy these. Or maybe just the autumn one.

This plate reminds me of Harriet the Spy.

And I just like this apron with birds on it.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Love the Belle and Boo prints and the four seasons prints!

Rickelle said...

I looove Etsy! The illustrations are the best part! I just bought a series of prints from Berkley Illustration.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15555954
The squirrel is my favorite.
Etsy is also an awesome place to get vintage pieces for halloween costumes!