Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It feels good to be out of the rain

I wish I had a picture to show you from last night's 5K training group run. It started pouring down rain about five minutes after we started running. But these are some hard-core running folks. Plus I was running with the "all-running" group for the first time, and our leader was a guy who'd just run a 208 mile relay this past weekend. Yeah. So complaining was kind of out, but he was very uplifting and supportive as we slogged along.

I was sopping wet after the first mile, and most of us could hardly see through the wind and rain. It wasn't until about 1.5 miles that our group leaders made us head back because the thunder and lightning had started.

But it was surprisingly fun and even a little bit exhilarating. Until water started squishing out of my Nikes, which still are not dry. The hot shower I took when I got home was absolute heaven, though.

On another note, I've posted a poll on the left sidebar regarding what I should name my cello. Leave a comment with your name suggestion if you don't like the ones I've got so far--I'm still conflicted! JB started violin lessons yesterday for the very first time, and I asked him what he was going to name his violin. His immediate reponse? "Screechy."

P.S. Because I know you're just dying to know, we are not available for public duets. We refuse to do it. Plus it would sound really really bad. So no, we can't play for your wedding or upcoming fancy party. We apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this may cause.

2 comments:

Chad Aaron Sayban said...

Running in the rain, huh? The lightning would have sent me for cover really quickly.

"Screechy?" Ouch. Rough start I guess.

Michelle said...

That is some commitment. I can hardly make myself run on my treadmill, which is safe and dry INSIDE the house.
(I went with Ruby)