Friday, September 12, 2008

Sadness

These have been a sad few days. I didn't even feel like posting yesterday. A man from my church, a larger-than-life kind of guy who I've known since I can remember, died yesterday. He was in his early 40s, I think, and had a heart attack. He leaves behind his wife and his son, who is a college student not much younger than me.

It was just so sudden and completely unexpected. He died Wednesday night and his funeral will be this weekend. JB and my dad had even been sitting with him at a church deacons' meeting on Tuesday night, joking and talking football. He nominated JB for a deacon officer position, which JB ended up getting. And then the next night, this amazing man was gone. Please, please, if you are someone who prays, pray for his family.

And yesterday was 9/11, which of course is always sad. Then this morning I found out a girl I went to school with who got pregnant just a couple of months ago lost her baby. Please pray for her and her husband also.

I'm not sure what else to say. I promise to be in a better mood next week. And I know God has His hand in everything, but sometimes it's just hard to see how.

2 comments:

Chad Aaron Sayban said...

My thoughts and prayers to all of them - and to you to. Happy days will shine again.

Ken said...

Trust me I know how you fell, this has been a very hard year for me and my family and the forcast is not looking good. My prayers are with you and yours, and all the folks down in Texas.

This I think is the bset stop the black box has bruoght me too.