Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bells and Burning Towers

Many thanks to all of your kind words regarding my last post and regarding running in general. I think I'll post some of them here in the next day or two to help me mentally prepare for the run. You guys are awesome.

A friend of mine found a site for the Jingle Bell 5K Run/Walk for the Arthritis Foundation in December. I am so there. With bells on! Having another goal can keep a sometimes-lazy runner like me motivated. Plus it sounds fun.

And I haven't totally forgotten my novel. A couple of scenes are still left to write/rewrite, and then it's on to the ending, burning tower, etc. The only rub is figuring out how the tower starts burning in the first place...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Are you in St. Louis by any chance? I'm planning on running in the Jingle Bell 5K here in November. :)

Seriously, don't stress about the 5K, runners (especially at 5K events) are all very supportive and a nice community of people. No judging, even if you walk half of the race!

:) Becky