Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mini critiques

Authoress over at Miss Snark's First Victim (a fab writing blog) has posted 36 tension-filled excerpts (250 words or less) submitted by aspiring novelists/blog readers from their works-in-progress. Mine is there, too! (And getting a few good reviews, I might add.)

The idea is for readers to leave comments on the individual excerpts (each is its own post) with critiques -- it's like the critique group I never had. I enjoyed reading most of the excerpts and leaving comments. Yanno, because I don't do enough editing in my day job...or on my own novel...that I've got to feed my voracious internal editor with yet more editing. Haha! I eat extraneous words for breakfast!

NaNoWriMo is just three days away. If you're participating -- 50,000 words in one month isn't lunacy, it's fun! -- let me know so we can be WriMo buddies.

In other news, I've watched a couple more British movie adaptations of classic books, so I feel it coming on: another installment of my There Are Only 30 British Actors in the Whole World hypothesis. The evidence is mounting. I've discovered your dirty little secret, England. Stay tuned. I know you're on the edge of your seat right this second.

1 comment:

Anette J Kres said...

Alrighty, I'm on the NaNoWriMo too now... I'll still be finishing the last 6-10 thousand words of the novel I'm in right now, but I'll start a fresh one on the first and see how far I get...

Do you have any ideas what you might write?