Monday, October 06, 2008

Now my coffee is fashionable

My first Etsy purchase is an adorable coffee cup drink sleeve, which came in the mail Saturday! So of course my first stop before work this morning was Starbucks. Then I admired how adorable it looked on my desk:


The seller, 23hearts, couldn't have been nicer or more willing to make sure she made it exactly like I wanted it. I got to pick fabric colors, fonts, and a picture to personalize it. I picked a squirrel and had my name done in hot pink scripty letters. And did I mention it was only $10?? It would cost way more (and wouldn't be personalized) if I'd picked one up in a boutique around here.

Now that you probably want one, just click here to check it out. I'm keeping it in my purse for Starbucks emergencies. Plus it's helping me save the environment and all, what with all those cardboard drink sleeves I'm no longer using...

In other news, I ran 3 miles last Monday. I can't believe I actually forgot to post it. But I DID IT. My time was something like a 12 min mile average. We have another group run tonight, where I'll be trying to replicate the feat I huffed and puffed through last week. The 5K is -- yikes! -- a week from this Saturday.

Main goal: to run the whole thing, no matter how slow I am.

Secondary goal: to do it in 35 minutes or less. We'll see about that one.

4 comments:

shannon said...

You are kicking tail with the running, girl!!

I love the drink sleeve....etsy is my downfall.

shannon said...

You are kicking tail with the running, girl!!

I love the drink sleeve....etsy is my downfall.

Rickelle said...

That coffee sleeve is really adorable. I've honestly never thought about using one of those instead of the paper ones- great idea.
Running 3 miles is awesome! That's my goal right now. It's so hard! How long did it take you? I want to sign up for a 5K but I don't know how long to give myself to get ready. Congrats!

Casey said...

Congrats on the 3 miles!