Thursday, October 30, 2008

This is what I do when I should be writing

My new favorite way to procrastinate is to watch 80s music videos on YouTube, where the original lyrics have been replaced and now the singer just sings about what is actually going on in the video. Which, you know, just highlights the loveable absurdity of 80s pop music.

One of my favs is the ultra-weird video for A-Ha's "Take On Me" (BTW, what the hey is that song about?). Nothing is cooler than jumping into a comic book and getting chased by guys with pipe wrenches...





Then there's this one, for Tears for Fears' "Head Over Heels." It's one part Ghostbusters library scene, one part dancing scene from The Breakfast Club, two parts Marian the Librarian scene from The Music Man and about 10 parts ridiculous. Also I think this guy sort of looks like Duckie from Pretty in Pink.

2 comments:

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

That is not what you should be doing instead of writing...

...you should be going for a run instead. ;-)

Jane Smith said...

...especially when the 1980s were just so damn wonderful to live through. It was my decade, and I have Tears for Fears in my car. I use it to drive to, and to embarrass my children with. Brilliant stuff.