Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

I'm still playing around with it. But what do you think of the blog's new look?

I wanted it cleaner, more streamlined. An HTML-coder and graphic designer I'm not.

But how about the header? Eh? Eh? Yes it's my whole name. Surrounded by stuff I love. It was designed by the fabulously fabulous Kate Sutton. Who is fabulous.

I fell in love with her art months ago--it's whimsical and quirky and reminds me of children's book illustrations. And she very kindly agreed to design me a lovely blog header, filled with things I love: baking, mystery novels, trees and the outdoors, shoes, vintage bicycles, music and writing (a typewriter!). And a SQUIRREL. I'm not even sure I told her about my strange passion for those adorable furry critters, but the squirrel is there nonetheless.

Maybe one day I'll post a pic of all the squirrel-related knicknacks around my house (don't worry--it's not a lot; just enough to be totally awesome).

But anyway. I'm still tweaking the blog's design (me playing with HTML = yikes) so I apologize in advance for any wonkiness you may see here in the next few days.

9 comments:

shannon said...

Love it, sooo cute!!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

That is a cool header. I like it!

Tracy Marchini said...

Very nice!!

Casey said...

Love it!!!!

Michelle said...

That is a great header!

cerrissa said...

i loooove it!! what a great surprise when i checked your blog today! it's perfect for you :)

Christy Raedeke said...

I am SO envious of you custom-designed header art! I absolutely love it.

Kiersten said...

Am I allowed to say super cute without sounding like a ditz?

And also, why can't we comment on the post about HSM2? The part where his reflection sings back to him and you realize that Troy is, in fact, GOLLUM; he just has yet to find the ring!

Lenore said...

Your header is awesome. I was actually hoping my illustrator husband would design a header like that for me!!