Sunday, November 09, 2008

This is It


I finished it.

My very first draft on my very first novel is finished. That's it, above, all 90,291 words on my little thumb drive.

I finished it last night at 11:18 p.m. And promptly started grinning like crazy. I looked over at JB and told him, and he jumped up and we celebrated. But first he took my picture to mark the occasion:


I know. Not lookin' too attractive at 11:18 p.m. on a Sunday night, but there you have it.

I've been editing as I went along (big surprise there) but it still needs a big plot edit by me before anyone else can look at it.

Then I'll take some of you up on your generous offers of critiques.

Many, many thanks to all of you for your encouragement and kind words throughout this process...this looonnnnggg, drawn-out process. The first page of my notebook where I kept my notes for the story (the green one in the picture above) is dated June 11, 2005. *uncomfortable sheepish pause* I learned a lot about the writing process--and my writing process in particular--on this book, and I think I'll be faster the next time.

I've already got an idea for a sequel ;)

11 comments:

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Awesome! Congratulations.

Michelle said...

Congratulations, you must feel great after such a huge achievement!

shannon said...

Oh YAY! Congratulations!!! I'll be waiting whenever you're ready for a proof-reading by yours truly.

Kiersten said...

Hey, that's a great achievement! GO YOU!

Also, hi ; ) Thanks for your kind words on my blog!

Jessica Eastman said...

Wow - congrats! Can't wait to buy it soon. :)

Deanna said...

Congratulations!!

Rickelle said...

congratulations!! that's so impressive!
and thanks for the bday wishes way back when..I'm slow on the internet sometimes...
also, I saw kristen b the other day and talked to heather hartman on the phone...we should all have a reunion sometime!

UncleChuck said...

A huge congratulations on getting to this point!! Your Mom and I are so very proud of you for this, and everything else you have accomplished.

Now, get it published so that the royalties will have time to accumulate and help us when we retire.

Super job, keep up the work.

Dad and Mom.

Tracy Marchini said...

Hurrah! :-D

Anette J Kres said...

Congrats! Knew you'd get there :) Can't wait to read it...

Casey said...

Congrats!!!!