Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AC for DC

Anyone else excited about American Idol tonight?

(tap tap...is this thing on?)

A year ago, I totally wasn't. I'd never even seen American Idol. But then the TV writers' strike happened and I started watching. And got hooked. And became a David Cook fan. And he won! And I cheered with all the fangirly tweens and crazy cougars.




(That's him above, smiling at me.) The new American Idol season premieres tonight on Fox at 7 p.m. for you other Central time zone folks.

I also like The Bachelor, which I apparently missed last night because I can never remember when TV shows come on. I used to be a big fan back in college (Trista + Ryan 4Evr!!!) (wow. I'm really sorry I just wrote that). Now I'm watching again, partly because a girl from my hometown is on it and partly because it's just addicting.

I'm only a little embarassed to admit watching this stuff. But c'mon. Sometimes when I get home from my (lovely) newspaper job, I don't feel like working on my novel or going to the gym or practicing cello or emptying the dishwasher or reading a book. I feel like filling my mind with bad reality TV.

So tell me: what are your favorite guilty-pleasure TV shows? Please fess up so I can feel better about my utter shallowness.

P.S. If I hadn't watched American Idol last season I'd never have seen this guy, and burned about 1,000 calories laughing hysterically:



9 comments:

shannon said...

Ghost Hunters on SciFi. Nathan and I are obsessed.

Corey Schwartz said...

I've been watching American Idol since season 2. Love it! Also a "24" addict.

Casey said...

Even though I'm a non-reality TV watcher, I have to admit that I did watch one season of The Bachelor (Trista + Ryan 4ever). It was addicting.

Otherwise, on goes the countdown till Lost returns...

Anette J Kres said...

1/3 the way through your book... after the first couple chapters I decided to read the whole thing first then go back and add critique. At least that way I know where everything is leading. Ciao!

Lenore said...

I like to watch the german version of top model with heidi klum. Hilar!

The Rejection Queen said...

No I am not excited. America has killed this show. I'm over it! *Frowns*

Christy Raedeke said...

I am a HUGE reality tv fan - I'll even admit to bring the only person in the history of the world to watch every season of Big Brother! I'm so happy that all this stuff is starting up again because it's been a drought ever since Amazing Race and Survivor ended. My Tivo is all fired up!

Crimogenic said...

On one hand, I'd say that I hate reality shows, but on the other hand, I love detective reality shows like the First 48 and Manhunters.

Justus M. Bowman said...

Sad video.

Clearly not the material, but no one wanted to say, "you have a speech impediment."