Monday, January 26, 2009

Freaking out a little bit

I'm so sorry to wuss out on you like this with no actual post. Am a bit swamped with the following:

-interviewing engineers for my day job (this is, in fact, as exciting as it sounds)
-polishing and personalizing query letters
-freaking out because somehow I've forgotten to write a synopsis of my novel and one of the agents I'd LOVE to have requires a synopis
-editing and designing my church's history book, which should have been completed in November
-editing and designing my sorority's alumnae newsletter
-fretting that my cello lesson is in 30 minutes, I've practiced cello only once this week and my Turkish cello teacher probably thinks I'm a no-talent moron
-mulling over whether to begin working on sequel to current finished novel or to begin an entirely different one
-wishing I could be reading one of the three books I've started: An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James, Kept by D.J. Taylor and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (library called today to tell me I'm finally off the wait list. Not obsessed with the Twilight books, but read the first and figured I might as well read the rest.)
-wanting to post a review of a great book I just read, The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale. True Victorian crime story about a child murdered in 1860. Fascinating and highly recommended. Here is a much better review.
-hoping my bridesmaid dress will be available from alterations lady in time for wedding this weekend
-wishing I had time to watch The Bachelor tonight

Promise I'll have a real post up tomorrow.

3 comments:

Barrie said...

I'm having a freak-out day too! Glad I'm in such good company. I'm off to take a deep breath, make a cup of tea and tackle THE TO-DO LIST THAT IS EATING MY HOUSE! Hang in there. Oh yeah, and have fun with the synopsis. Seriously, they're not all that bad.

Lenore said...

Lots on your mind. When I's facing a list like that, I just take a deep breath, plunge in and check them off one by one. Good luck.

Casey said...

hmmm, we're not all bad - are we (first item)? J/K