Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16

I am 26 today.

And totally excited about it.

Excitement only slightly mitigated by my having to leave town at 5 p.m. today to help chaperone a group of 30 teenagers on a ski trip, rather than throwing myself a huge partay and/or having romantic candlelit birthday dinner with JB.

Oh wait, I did that last night. The dinner, not the partay. It was fabulous.

So I'll be away from the blog until Tuesday. Fingers crossed that we won't be taking anybody to the hospital after all-day skiing on Sunday. Also fingers crossed that JB will have an easy time driving one of the vans, which will of course be full of shouting teenagers.

Important disclosure and also why I don't feel particularly old today: According to my friend (our youth minister), the kids asked for JB and I to chaperone because we aren't real adults. Not sure what qualifies as a real adult in their minds, but apparently I am not it, which is SUPER AWESOME.

9 comments:

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Happy Birthday!

And you better not feel old. I'm ten years ahead of you and I don't feel old.

Justus M. Bowman said...

The expression "SUPER AWESOME" is the bane of adults. Keep it up.

BBJD said...

"I don't feel particularly old today"

That's because you're not particularly old today, AC. I'm twice your age and the local seniors keep calling me "kiddo".

Actually, it's how you feel more than how long you've been around. My grandmother lived to be ninety, and she didn't get old until the last year of her life. I hope you do even better.

In the meantime:

Happy Birthday!!!!!

BA Boucher said...

I watched the Princess Bride with my niece the other day and at the end I asked her if she liked it...

"I didn't know they made good movies in the eighties!"

Enjoy 26, at 28 I'm having less of those moments

Christy Raedeke said...

Happy Birthday! On this momentous day I bestow upon you the "your Blog Is Fabulous" award!

When you get back in town, come claim your award at http://raedeke.blogspot.com

Safe travels, Christy

Crimogenic said...

Happy Birthday! :)

You better bet being called "not real adults" by a kid is Super Awesome...

Enjoy yourself!

Michelle said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Woo hoo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

(Hmm. Thirty teenagers and a ski trip. That sounds like a novel to me.)

Thank you for the nice message on my blog!

Barrie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the "not real adult" comment!!