Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get a flashlight!

I found Flashlight Worthy Books via Twitter and it's way cool.

They list book recommendations according to topics: random stuff like Books That Taught Me to Like the Subway Again and Nordic Noir but also more approachable lists like Literary Thrillers for the Book Lover and 35 Going On 13: The Year's Best Teen Fiction for Adults.

The list of Books Featuring the Coolest of the Cool Girls is a good one. It's got books I love on it (I Capture the Castle, Anne of Green Gables and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler), books I really like (Little Women, the Cam Jansen books and A Wrinkle in Time) and one that's my favorite children's book in the whole world (Harriet the Spy).

Flashlight Worthy could also be a great resource if you want to give a book to someone who's hard to shop for. My dad might like something on A Large Handful of Novels About World War II or my sister could try one of the Novels that Rock.

P.S. On an unrelated note, is it bad that I'm still obsessively checking my e-mail for query responses? Cause I'm still obsessively checking my e-mail for query responses. Like every hour.

1 comment:

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

You mean you only check once an HOUR? I used to check every five minutes!

Oh man, I know what *that* obsession is like. Hope to see you posting good news soon!

(btw--HARRIET THE SPY is my favorite all-time book, too. That book is amazing.)