Sunday, February 22, 2009

MYO Album Cover

Going along with the music theme from my last post, here's a Facebook meme I thoroughly enjoyed. Leave a comment if you post yours on your blog.

Make your band's album cover!
1. Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2. Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.

3. Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4. Use Photoshop (or something like picnik.com) to put it all together.

Here's mine:



The quote and the photo were totally cool, but the name...oh the name. It is apparently found in seawater. Totally not what I would have chosen. So I did it again:




Sweet, right? Looks very garageband emo to me. Or 80s punk. If this whole writer thing doesn't work out, it's good to know I've got a backup career in random album design.

8 comments:

Crimogenic said...

AC,

I didn't have time to compose an album cover yet, but here's my stats:

Band name: Hilton Clarke (as in the Aussie cyclist)

Album name: Bad legs and a good head (hahaha)

Picture: Bridge on an overcast day.

AC said...

Crimo, that's like the best album name EVER!

Justus M. Bowman said...

What does "meme" stand for?

AC said...

Here's wikipedia's explanation of meme: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme#Memes_in_Internet_culture

Bevie said...

I gave it a go. Here's a link to the actual picture. I included it on a post.

Courtesy of Anna Claire Vollers

My band is "Hilmar Myhra" (a Norwegian ski jumper who competed before WWII).

The Album is "People Would Break His Windows", from the quote "If God lived on earth people would break his windows".

The picture is a lake reflecting surrounding mountains.

Casey said...

Love the post! the second one is def my fav!

Christy Raedeke said...

I should have known you'd beat me to the blog on this! You always discover the cool stuff first :) I dig both your albums, but your second is very very cool. Definitely no sophomore slump for your band.

Rock on!

writtenwyrdd said...

This is a hoot. I can't get flikr at the office (I'm on lunch, honest!) but the first items are

Band: Bishonen (which means beautiful young boy whose appeal surpasses sexual boundaries or orientation--rather cool, I thought, if I were a young, sleek, hipster emo boy cutting my first album)

Last 5 words for album title: "But I Did It With Integrity." What a hoot!

Given the righ tpicture, this could be a cool album.