Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fishy business

No, I haven't died. But you might have inferred that, given the infrequency of my posts lately. My excuse is my busy busy day job. You know when you stare at a computer screen for so long at work that the last thing you feel like doing when you get home is stare at a computer screen? So the posts have fallen off a bit (so has online shoe-shopping) but I promise to get better in the very near future. Like maybe next week.

In the meantime, my mom has joined the crusade for appropriate spelling and grammar on signs. On Sunday, she texted me this:



The mcsign belongs to a fast food mcrestaurant which shall remain mcnameless.

If pics like this make you laugh and cry simultaneously, visit here.

11 comments:

beth said...

*sigh* I have to periodically resist the urge to storm into McEstablishments and demand their signs be changed to be grammatically correct.

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

LOL! Well, maybe the poor kid just ran out of mc"I"s?

Justus M. Bowman said...

I can't wait until you are better at buying shoes online.

Christy Raedeke said...

Even when insanely busy you manage to find the best sites! LOVE the englishfail blog!

Anna Claire said...

Justus, seriously I laughed for a full minute at your comment!

Litgirl01 said...

I was hoping against hope (too) that they ran out of the letter "I"! :-)

PurpleClover said...

That's Mcterrible. :P

Lizzy said...

Welcome back to blogging world :)

There is a church around the corner from our house that is known for having misspelled signs -- I'll start taking pictures. Sometimes it's really funny like "Celebrate Jesuses Birthday!"

Lynnette Labelle said...

I love signs like that. Only a writer or a teacher can really appreciate this type of thing (and I'm both).

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Anna Claire said...

Lizzy--that is AWESOME. I think there's actually a site of bad church signs. There are definitely some in my neck of the woods (the Bible Belt!), too.

Ashley said...

That's hilarious! My hubby loves that fillet-o-fish commercial so much that he posted it on his Facebook profile, rewinds it on the DVR whenever it comes on, and sings it to himself nearly every day. I could seriously kill whoever wrote that stupid commercial. And for the record, I will never eat a fillet-o-fish sandwich from Mickey D's. LOL