Friday, May 08, 2009

Inspiring

Talented author Chloe Neill was kind enough to let me do a guest post over at Write What You See. You can read my rambling post here, complete with input from my aforementioned genius sister.

I love the idea behind Write What You See because Chloe posts links, photos and articles designed to get your creative juices going. It's geared at writers, but the sources of inspiration are all over the place. I actually wish the blog was older so I could comb through more archives, but the upside is it wouldn't take you long to read through the posts. I especially liked the one on sewing rooms as inspiration for writing spaces (check out the cat in the second photo) and the one on how to make inspiration boards.

I'm still in the dreaming-up-the-plot stage of my new WIP so this blog couldn't have come at a better time.

Chloe is the author of two kick-booty vampire novels, Some Girls Bite and the sequel, Friday Night Bites. I'll admit, vampire books are usually not my thing (I think Twilight killed it for me), but I read the first chapter of SGB on Chloe's site and was hooked. She's got a new book coming out next year called Firespell that has a truly. gorgeous. cover.

Chloe and I are cooking up something exciting, possibly for next week *coughgiveaway!cough* so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Liana Brooks said...

I'll have to try making an inspiration board sometime. That looks like fun!

Lauren said...

Inspiration Board! What a fabulous idea.

Michelle said...

I'd been toying with the idea of making an inspiration board for awhile, so thanks for that link!