Thursday, August 20, 2009

E-mail your future self

This is way cool: at FutureMe.org, you can compose an e-mail (for free) to your future self and they'll send it on any day you choose, as late as 2037.

I LOVE this idea. What a cool pick-me-up, one average day to receive an encouraging e-mail from your past self. I'm thinking I'll for sure need one on my 30th birthday (looming ever closer). In 2037 I'll be 54. How strange-yet-awesome to get an e-mail from my 26-year-old self...assuming, of course, I still have the same e-mail address.

What would you include in an e-mail to your future self? I think I'd write in plenty of encouragement; beyond that, I'm not sure.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Wow! Kind of freaky. I get confused when I have to send a SASE to myself and it arrives.

quixotic said...

Neat idea as long as you have the same email on the future. Thanks for the link

lotusgirl said...

It would have to be very time capsule-ish for me. I'd have to say what I was doing that day and what I think is cool. I know it will be different in 2037. Encouragement is always good too.

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from Chad's blog to say hi and check out your writing!