Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's get rid of August.

This post on one of the Lucky Magazine blogs pointed me to a funny post from Slate.com on why we should get rid of August. It's a couple of years old, but truth does not have an expiration date, my friends.

I have a good and lovely friend with a birthday in August, and that's about the only good thing I can say about this summer-is-over-and-school-is-back-in-but-it's-still-hot-and-sticky month.

Our beach vacation is coming up in September. SEC football starts in September. It's almost fall - my favorite season - in September. We get an extra day off in September. Forget health care reform. Go read the article to find out why we need August Reform.

Or tell me, what else is good about August?

3 comments:

Lazy Writer said...

My birthday happens to be in August, but I still don't like it much!

Cerrissa said...

perhaps August should just become Pool Party Month, where you eat tons of ice cream & popsicles and hang out by/in the pool, relax with friends, and get a rockin' tan :) maybe even some sort of outdoor or pool sport- badminton anyone?

Kristin said...

It's the most wonderful time of the yearrrrrrrrrrr. Go Gators!