Monday, October 26, 2009

Mug of the Day

What better way to kick off the week before NaNoWriMo than with your caffeinated beverage of choice?

Mine is coffee. So I bring you a running event, this week only (or until I get tired of it): Mug of the Day. You may remember I have a slight obsession with coffee mugs and have amassed a respectable collection.

Mugs (and their caffeinated contents) will help me keep on keepin' on during the month of literary abandon. If only I would decide what I'm writing already.

Anyway, today's Mug of the Day is...


The Upstart Crow mug. (I promise I will stop taking photos with my Blackberry. They really are appalling.)

Mom and Dad got this mug for me while on a tour of New England a couple of years ago. It's one of my favorites. Nice size, and it has definitions on the back! Upstart Crow was a nickname given to William Shakespeare by a jealous contemporary, as helpfully explained on the back of the mug:


Incidentally, the mug is part of the reason Upstart Crow Literary caught my eye recently. It's a new literary agency with some heavy-hitting agents and an entertaining (and edifying) blog.

In the above photos, Mug of the Day is sitting on my new notebook, in which I'm plotting Option B, the fun mystery caper. I'm still not positive it'll be my NaNo novel this year, but I'm leaning in that direction. I feel the need to nervously circle the Southern Gothic novel a bit longer...

Plus Option B has turned into a Roaring 20s caper about a nightclub-singer-turned-prim-society-columnist who's being chased by the mob and well, that's just too exciting not to pursue at the moment.

3 comments:

Tess said...

ha!

good luck w/ nano!

Cerrissa said...

OOOO! Option B sounds very exciting!!! Good Luck AC! Whatever you chose will end up awesome!

Jen said...

I am tempted to do NaNoWriMo with you. I've been wanting to write a novel. I just ordered No Plot No Problem, which I found on their website, from Amazon. I don't think it will be here before Nov 1 and I have no idea where to begin.

Good luck with yours!