Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Lame.

I know, I'm lame for not posting a while. My lame (but true) excuse is that I'm snowed under at work...though not actually "snowed" since I live in Alabama and, well, if we had one centimeter of snow here, it'd be labeled Blizzard 2009 and everything would be closed so I'd have a lot more time to blog. If the power didn't cut off, that is. One centimeter of snow can really do a number on the power around here.

Also lame is that I came nowhere near finishing NaNoWriMo this year. Sigh. If you did, I'd love to hear how you finished. And also if you have snow now or are expecting any kind of White Christmas. I think we had our last snowy Christmas when I was 6. Since that was 20 years ago, I'd say it's about time for another.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

It's funny how life gets in the way of blogging sometimes.

And I understand what you mean about snow. I live in California and it just started getting colder about a week ago.
No Snow...boo!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

I'm sure I'm "lamer" than you are, Anna Claire. I hardly blogged at all in November. I spent most of it away on a research trip, frantically drafting the rest of my WIP under contract and gone again for a week for Thanksgiving. Whew.

I'm sorry you didn't get farther on NaNoWriMo. I did an extended version between October and November and got 67,000 words done! Still not done, but I'm in the last two chapters - yay! Good luck to you!

lotusgirl said...

I given up on snow for Christmas. I've come close a few times, but when I didn't get it the Christmas I spent in Switzerland, I really just gave it up. So what! NC is great. Who needs snow?

Iapetus999 said...

I did pretty well with NaNo. I banged out my ~80K word Steampunk novel, and I'm happy with the result.
I know it still needs tons of work but it's a good start.

jmberrygirl said...

I didn't finish. I'm still breathing. I wish it would snow down here! I could really use a good "blizzard."

Laura said...

Can totally relate! I did finish and it was insane this year. I had a trip to NYC to meet and editor and didn't do any writing at all for a week. So, I called my buddy Edna and we did a turbo-charged NaNo weekend at my place. That helped get our word counts over our very anemic level and we kept boosting each other until the very end...with phone call celebration just after midnight 12/1:):) Hang in there! No snow here in Big Sur, CA. But is a bit foggy and great weather for writing and snuggling:)

Crimey said...

AC,
I think I mentioned to you before that I grew up in Alabama, and I can recall a winter when we had maybe two or three inches of snow and the city I lived in completely shut down. I wish I could send some Chicago snow down your way.

writtenwyrdd said...

I wrote 12k, so don't feel alone, or a failure.