Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coming in August

Late last summer, I wrote about why I hate August.


Well...I don't hate it so much anymore.


Something super cool is due to happen in August...

...So I might as well tell you....


...You know, get it out...


...Out there in the open...


...(BTW it's not a book deal)...


...Just spit it out there...


...So here goes...


...Deep breath...


...*inhales deeply*...


...


...


...

I'm pregnant. They're due in early August.

And yes, I said "they." Because it's twins.

It was a shock! A happy, awesome, wonderful shock - JB and I couldn't be more excited (I say that word a lot these days) - but definitely a shock.

Now I'm safely into my second trimester it seems like something I can share with the Interwebs. I promise not to post ad nauseum about the babies, as there are plenty of those kinds of blogs out there. Plus, I used to get so annoyed when bloggers would suddenly start posting tons of stuff about their babies and none of the stuff they used to post before becoming parents. I'm sure those of you who are parents are laughing in pity at me right now. Here's hoping (for your sakes) I can hold to that commitment.

This is also partly why I've been a blog slacker the past few months. Earlier I slacked because I just didn't feel like doing, well, anything. And now it's because I'm too busy lusting after ridiculously-priced luxury diaper bags online. (Who even knew there was such a thing?)

So...that's it. I'm officially a fan of August. Unless the babies are early. In which case I'll go back to hating August and grow rather partial to July.

P.S. I'll answer the question that, oddly, we get asked the most ALL THE EVER-LOVING TIME: Yes, twins run in JB's family. Though twins were honestly the last thing on my mind when JB and I went in for our first ultrasound.
Ultrasound nurse during the ultrasound: "And here's the baby..."
JB and me: "Awww."
Ultrasound nurse: "...and here's the other baby..."
JB and me: "Wait, what?"

P.P.S. The other one is "Do you know what they are yet?" And I really want to say "gerbils." But the truth is we won't know for another month. Now you know all the important stuff.

14 comments:

Shannon said...

So exciting, I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats, Mama!

TERI REES WANG said...

Pull no punches!

...two little Leo's on the rise under the Tiger Moon.

It will be like Lion Country Safari with the windows rolled down.

Guinevere said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

Also, I think carrying TWO children merits at least one ridiculously expensive diaper bag.

Kelly H-Y said...

Gerbils! hee, hee! Ohhhh, that is so thrilling! What an exciting time in your life! Yes ... August will be very good! Congratulations!

Jen said...

Gerbils!!!! I love it!!!! How fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! Who wouldn't love August then! Twins how awesome!!

I just finished reading a Bump in the Road by Maureen Lipinksi and it was about her having a baby, the story was light-hearted and sweet, it only reminded me of it when you said Gerbils, because each stage she goes through she calls the baby different names... Crouton, Skeletor, it's super funny!

Crystal said...

Congrats!!! Wow, twins -- you must have been floored!

Lenore said...

How exciting for you! I hope everything goes well :)

Irene Latham said...

AC!!!! Happy Second Trimester! SO very happy for you. And hey, "gerbils" is a great answer. :) Wishing you a breezy rest-of-pregnancy and beautiful childbirth and no colic... will look forward to baby updates!!!

Liana Brooks said...

*SQUEEE*

Oh! That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you two! (plus two) Babies are so much fun!

And Leos too. I'm a Leo, two of my babies are Leos. Leo is the best sign :o) The twins are going to be fabulous!

*hugs*

jmberrygirl said...

Congrats! Know just what you mean about the gerbils! I'm having a little girl in July!

Becky said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Christy Raedeke said...

I AM FORCED TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS NEWS IS SO EXCITING!

I agree with Liana: Leos are the best! And you'll get two of them. Wow. Way better than a book deal. :)

Congratulations!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

This is FABULOUS news!!! I'm terribly thrilled for you!!! Twins too - I always wanted twins! Take care of yourself!

B. Nagel said...

Hi. I jumped over from Moonie's blog. I like your blog. Oh --

CONGRATULATIONS!

We're pregnant too. Due June 6.