Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Blameless" book trailer

I ganked this from Nathan's blog, but it's just so cool. It's a two-minute sped-up look at the design process behind the cover for Gail Carriger's Blameless, the third in her Parasol Protectorate series.

I liked Soulless, the first book in the series. One of the main reasons I bought it initially was because of its cover:



The cover for the second book (which I haven't read...yet) is also cool:



So anyway, here's the book trailer for Blameless:

4 comments:

lotusgirl said...

It's pretty amazing what you can do with a computer these days.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Hello! I'm a new follower and wanted to introduce myself. I've seen the making of a book cover before -- too cool! I have Paint Shop Pro and LOVE it. When I need a break from writing, it's usually the first place I turn. Keeps the creative juices flowing!

I look forward to reading more from you. Until then, have a nice weekend!

Tahereh said...

i saw this on kristin nelson's blog!! so so awesome. love these kinds of things!

thanks for sharing :D

insidethewritersstudio said...

That first cover is gorgeous. The umbrella and its ... pole? what's that thing called? ... make me think of a wet crow, and the bend of the woman's body matches it perfectly.