Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The gender reveal

I apologize for being so MIA recently. We've had a few issues with the babies, but everyone is healthy at the moment and that's all I care about!

This is one of those few-and-far-between baby posts with which I promised not to inundate you. But I thought you should know we found out the twins are not, in fact, gerbils.

They are...

....


...


...


boys!

My family thinks this is very funny. I grew up with one sister and we're both super-girly, so I know next to nothing about boys. They're such strange creatures. I don't understand them at all, despite being married to one for four years. Luckily JB is here to teach them manly things like burping and wrestling.

I'm setting aside my dreams of hairbows, ballet recitals and adorable baby outfits from Anthropologie. I'm curbing my natural affinity for floral prints and ruffles as we plan the nursery. My house is about to get very, very testosterone-ish.

But (deep breath) I am OK with this. I'm thrilled about the babies and ultimately I couldn't care less what they are. (Except maybe gerbils. That would be freaky.)

JB was away on business in another country for a few weeks recently, so I took the time to get him a surprise present:






They're Star Trek onesies. Just so JB knows I'm totally on board with us raising two geeky-cool little dudes.

11 comments:

Crimey said...

Congrats on twins! Sweet. I love the little trekkie shirts. :)

Shannon said...

Wow, boys!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys.

Irene Latham said...

Yay for boys!! I've got three of 'em, and it's been a blast. So happy for you!!!

Cerrissa said...

ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! trekie babies! can u get them little hats that have pointy spock ears sticking out too? ;)

Bevie said...

It's all right for boys to be sensitive and such. Just don't do what Spouse did when potty training time comes - have them use TP on their fronts. That will NOT go over well when they start school.

Glynis said...

Ah, take care and enjoy your boys. Boys, girls or gerbils I am happy for you and your DH. Children are a blessing, messy and noisy but worth having. LOL

J said...

The onesies are precious!! I'm also very relieved to hear that the babies are, indeed, not gerbils :) I can't wait to meet your little men...the 4 of yall are in my prayers daily!
-Julie

Amanda said...

That is ridiculously exciting!!!

twilas vintage clothing said...

awe so cute!! maybe you can throw a few bows and floral prints when they are young...no one would really be able to tell...hahah

Twila
blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
twilasvintageclothing.com

Katrina L. Lantz said...

That's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. As the girly mom of two boys, I empathize with you completely. Boys are so sweet, though. I wouldn't give mine back for anything...not even girls.

MAP said...

Wait, what's wrong with liking Star Trek? I'm all for it. It's educational and imaginative.

Congratulations, BTW!