Thursday, April 29, 2010

Never go to bed alone


I LOVE this tumblr of book collections, called "Book Lovers Never Go to Bed Alone." It's got scads of photos of peoples' libraries, from artful and quirky to elegantly Martha Stewart-ish to metal-shelves-in-a-garage-ish.



It's perfect for book storage and display ideas, particularly if you've got your own out-of-control collection. Between JB's sci-fi/fantasy series (which have like a million books each) and my classics/historicals/mysteries, plus every book I ever read in college as an English major - um, lots - we've already outgrown the shelves we've got.



I seriously wish we had a non-functioning fireplace (or a fireplace at all). Sigh. How do you store your books?


10 comments:

Andria said...

My books are on shelves, in boxes, and stacked in piles in my bedroom. I've started to wonder if I'll ever have enough room for all of my books. Maybe I need to buy a new house just to put my books in.

Valerie Sloan said...

The fireplace looks like it'd be a lot of work to look through and find a book to read. Gotta love the practical side of me, but it does look nifty.

Ee Leen Lee said...

I need new shelves sometimes- one shelf collapsed in the middle of the night

Glynis said...

I had to leave the majority of my books behind in the UK. My new books are multiplying,(no surprise there), and I have two shelves full now. DH is about to put up a third. :)

Love those pics.

Julie Rodgers said...

What a great problem, to have too many books!! Your children will be so blessed to have parents who love to read. We have two full bookshelves, an armoire full of books, a china cabinet-turned classroom book cabinet, and are outgrowing them all. But none of them look good enough to show off pictures of. :)

Genius said...

I just loved the fireplace. If I had one I would do that!

Check out my blog!
http://journeytoabook.blogspot.com/

Maryann Miller said...

My books are in bookcases in several rooms in the house. With a few on the nightstands on either side of the bed. Some on the dining table. A couple in the living room on a table. So we are not caught in a room without a book. We take our reading material with us into the "library."

writtenwyrdd said...

http://writtenwyrdd.typepad.com/writtenwyrdd/2009/08/shelving-update.html

Those are the shelves I built last August. I did the desk area over in September as well. And I've already outgrown the space! Yikes!

Christy Raedeke said...

Oh, I just LOVE that fireplace full of books! The wall color, the red chair...just everything.

Lauren said...

I love that TV pic at the bottom. Very nice! :)