Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I could die from the cute

YA'LL. This is the most adorable site I've seen in a long, long time: Mila's Daydreams. If only I could be this creative with my pics of Mr. W.




Above is site creator Adele's tribute to The Little Prince! She takes beautiful, inventive photos of her daughter Mila while she naps, illustrating what she imagines Mila dreams about. The photos aren't all book-related, but, me being me, I thought I'd post my favorite of her literary inspired photos.

Adele says she does the photos as a "maternity leave hobby." Even more than I envy her prodigious photography talent, I envy her maternity leave. I don't know what the maternity package is in Helsinki, where Adele and her family live according to her blog, but I think Scandinavian countries in general are miles ahead of us. I could go on my soapbox about the abysmal maternity leave situation in the United States and how incredibly far behind we are from all other industrialized nations...but that's a discourse for another time.

Instead, let's just admire this adorable tribute to Mary Poppins (!)



Those shoes! That hat! I'm in love.

3 comments:

lotusgirl said...

too adorable.

Colene Murphy said...

Bahaha! That is so funny/adorbs it's insane!

writtenwyrdd said...

Those pictures are adorable!

A friend's sister lives in Sweden, and she is entitled to have a state paid maternity leave until the children are 5 and school age, if memory serves. It probably explains how the Swedes are pretty stable personalities, lol.