Friday, October 01, 2010

Some fangirly squealing over Christmas crafts

If you are crafty at all - or know someone who is - you MUST check out Alicia Paulson's new felt ornament set for this year, called Snow Day. It is to die for! I just ordered mine and can't wait for it to come in.




Her blog, Posie Gets Cozy, is one of my favorites. It's just so....well, cozy. And lovely and homey and full of good things. My crafting talent doesn't extend past some simple needlework and mediocre scrapbooking, but I love seeing Alicia's beautiful quilts, children's clothes and other handiwork. Her photos of bicycle outings, state fairs, outdoor concerts, her own adorable pets and home are magical.

She's also quite literary. Here's her description of the Snow Day ornament set:
. . when I left the library, it was already snowing.
. . . . The sky was the color of a pewter cup.
. . . . . I buttoned my coat all the way up.
. . . . . . I warmed my hands in my woolen mittens.
. . . . . . . I walked through the city until the city faded away behind me.
I could've sworn that my old friend P.B. was watching me from behind the trees. . . .

Beautiful, right? I would love having an afternoon like that. Except maybe for the part about being watched by a polar bear. Unless it was my friend, of course. Not many polar bears here in Alabama.

You need this blog in your life. And if you like sewing , you need these ornaments in your life.

No comments: