Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas is a time for cheese

You know I love cheesy made-for-TV Christmas movies. The perfect Mayberry-esque settings! The bad acting! The implausible romances! The return of child TV stars from the 80s!

My current favorite is The Christmas Card but I did see 12 Men of Christmas recently with Kristin Chenoweth and it was pretty darn awesome. Particularly if you like shirtless men. Which reminds me of that one with Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez where she handcuffs him and brings him home for Christmas...good times.

I also like cheesy Christmas novels. Do you have any favorites? I've read all of the Mary Higgins Clark/Carol Higgins Clark Christmas mysteries and a few of the cheesy Christmas romance novels (of the non-busom-heaving variety). Now I'm looking for some new reads.

The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig looks good:



It's one of the Pink Carnation spy novels, which are always light, fun and entertaining. And really, what else do you want to read during the holidays? Tis not the season for heavy, dark reading.

Do you have favorite Christmas novels? (Or favorite cheesy TV Christmas movies?) Please share!

3 comments:

Donea Lee said...

Can't think of a light, cheesy Christmas novel off the top of my head - but, gotta love those Lifetime/WE/Hallmark channel Christmas shows! The Tori Spelling was pretty cheesy (A Carol Christmas?) I did see the Kristin Chenoweth one (could have had just a few more hotties, for my taste... just saying.) There was one I kind of really liked... (the name will come to me when I don't need it). I do try to catch every adaptation of "A Christmas Carol" I can find. :)

Donea Lee said...

Oh, yeah! Some fun movie/movies - "Elf" and "Scrooged".

The Paper Doll said...

I know what you mean--nothing beats a cheesy but oh-so-fun TV Christmas movie. One of my all time favorites is the Hallmark Channel's "A Boyfriend for Christmas."