Tuesday, January 11, 2011

for the fashionable novelist

As if this wasn't enough, Kate Spade has gone and done it again. I think the KS design department harbors more than a few bibliophiles and novel enthusiasts.

 It's a Great Expectations Book Clutch. The back is awesome:
It opens like this:

And KS makes other book clutches, including The Importance of Being Earnest. I've also seen a bright yellow The Great Gatsby version (swoon) and one for Emma. See them and read more here. According to Vanity Fair, Kate Spade Creative Director Deborah Lloyd said, "We wanted to pretend we had our own publishing house." Don't we all?

Anyhow. If you have a spare $325 lying around I'd highly recommend spending it on one of these. SO cute. Mwah.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute! You can get a few of them as Kindle covers as well. I was swooning over them the other day on amazon ($85: you could get one AND a Kindle for the price of the clutch!).

Dominique said...

Wow. Part of me yells "Sacrilege" but the other part of me is totally impressed by the ingeniousness of this idea.

Liana Brooks said...

For another title, maybe.

It's a cute idea.