Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Snacks of Great Writers

What do writers snack on?

This New York Times article tells us, complete with illustrations of the snacks of authors both living and deceased:


At this moment, my snack options: some cut-up fruits & veggies my thoughtful MIL made me during lunch today, and a mint brownie my sister gave me yesterday. My willpower is waging the battle at this very moment, and the fighting is fierce.

My all-time favorite snack is a Starbucks Vanilla Latte (iced during summer). What about you? What are your favorite writing snacks? Do you share any in common with those above? I hope there aren't any F. Scott Fitzgerald snackers out there, but then he's famous and I'm not, so maybe Spam is the way to go.

3 comments:

Sophie Delphis said...

I love this little collection. I'm one for bread and fruit, myself.

c.a. Marks said...

Hey there. I'm also an aspiring novelist. I'm part of the Rocket City Bloggers and I wanted to let you know about a writing group that meets once a week at 16 Main Gallery in Madison from 12-3.

Glynis said...

Fruit and marshmallows are my snacking buddies.