Friday, March 02, 2012

Tornado sirens: spring has arrived. Also, grammar.

I'm pausing in between warily watching the weather here in North Alabama - tornadoes have already damaged parts of my county this morning and we're supposedly in for more this afternoon - to acknowledge National Grammar Day.

Naturally, this should be a much more important day than it is, but for those of you who feel like celebrating, you can send a National Grammar Day e-card to your fellow nerds. Or as a passive-aggressive reminder to the ones you love who don't know how to correctly use an apostrophe.

Personally - assuming I'm not blown away later this afternoon - I would prefer to celebrate by getting my trusty Sharpie and correcting the grammar-challenged signs that pepper my hometown, a la Lynne Truss.

Also, I found this on Pinterest the other day and it is completely awesome. I wish I could frame it and hang in my cubicle. It's NSFW but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Here's a cute one that is:


2 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I've shared Grandpa during several school visits. He's always a hit!

J said...

I'm thinking of printing out the Grandpa example and putting it up in my classroom. My students would get such a kick out of it, and my inner grammar nerd would be satisfied :)

Julie