Friday, May 18, 2012

I have a 2-year-old

Today my sweet son turns 2 years old. Two years ago today, I walked across the parking lot toward the hospital - and an emergency c-section that was 12 weeks too soon - and thought about how my life would never be the same.

And it hasn't. Some of the not-same has been bad, but the overwhelming majority of it (even some of the sad parts) has been absolutely wonderful.

This is what I got to see this morning, as I let him have a wildly healthy birthday breakfast of fruit snacks:



I've been a little emotional today; mostly because I'm nearly 32 weeks pregnant and my hormones are ridiculous, but also a little bit because it's Graham's birthday, too. I miss him every day, but I think his absence gets thrown into relief around this time of year, with Mother's Day and then their birthday, and then six days later, the anniversary of Graham's passing.

But being emotional is OK, and my most overwhelming emotion is happiness. I'm so thankful and proud to be the mom of a sweet, loving, opinionated, chatterbox toddler with a mind of his own.


2 comments:

Cerrissa said...

Thinking of you!!

Carol Marks said...

Thank you for your honesty. I understand emotional. ((hugs))