Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Changes!

I wrote in the editor's letter for the magazine I edit that August is a time of change. And although it's not August yet, it seems to me like I've already had my full allotment of change for the time being.

As I write this, I'm less than two weeks away from my due date and trying to prepare (emotionally, mentally, even practically) for bringing a new life into the world and to be a mom to an infant again. I'm taking on a new role in my professional life with much more responsibility, as my employer transitions into a brand-new company (at the exact same time I'll be on maternity leave). I'm trying to be a good mom to an increasingly precocious 2-year-old, help with two different large fundraising events, participate in a leadership class project, keep up with my commitments at church, and, y'know, find time to just sit and breathe. Thank goodness for JB, who is awesome, and for my family, who are also awesome.

Needless to say, the blog and my writing have fallen by the wayside. And I know all of us are busy; you just have to make priorities. My priorities right now, at least this day and this week and maybe this month or next couple of months, blogging won't be among them. I think, at this particular life season, fiction writing may even fade in and out as a priority. Which is fine; there's a reason young motherhood has been called "The Blur."

So you may not see much of me on the blog for a couple of months. I hope to return quickly, and get back into writing so that I'll have something to blog about that actually has anything to do with the whole reason I started this blog six years ago.

You can find me on Twitter in the meantime, and I promise to be back here, better than ever, soon :)

3 comments:

KLo said...

Happy thoughts and prayers for you during this exciting time :-)

J said...

So excited that you're going to be a mama of TWO so soon!! I'll be praying for you, Jeff, and Mr. W. over the next few weeks. I can't wait to see pictures when your babe arrives!

Julie

Carol Marks said...

Good luck with everything! Looking forward to seeing you around the Internet and such.